The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Game On

So we got our team together for T26. Should be fun. Like usual I am the lowest rated player so I get last seed. Looks like my rating is going to settle down around the 1500 mark. I would be happy with that especially since I thought I was going to be stuck at 1350. Who knows, maybe endgame study will give me another 100 points?

Didn't get much studying done over the weekend. I did complete WCT for the second time through and am now going through just the diagrams and tests to really burn in the 13 tactics mentioned in the book. Wild noticed that I am thinking about all tactics right now. He says that's why I am having a hard time coming up with a plan for the endgame. I didn't realize it until he mentioned it but I do look for all the tactics in each position and get lost when there is no readily apparent one. Hopefully going through Winning Chess Endings will help me to get a better handle on that part of my game. I have to set a stricter time limit on my different studies because it is too easy to get lost in doing only tactics. I have to admit it is the most fun part about chess.

I hope you have been following Don's blog lately. He is on his last circle!! Boy, it seemed like only yesterday that I joined up and he is already completing the program. Way to go Don!

Finally, we heard back from GeneralKaia. He is doing good and concentrating on other things at the moment. Track and basically having a life. Ah, to be young again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home