The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, December 27, 2004

Micro Drills Day 7

Oh man, woke up with a killer sore throat and a headache this morning. Managed to struggle through my Concentric Circles but not without a few breaks. I'm getting faster and I only miss a couple now.

Got accepted to the Knights Errant today so I'll be running with the pack now. Glad to be with a group of guys with the same goals. Kind of like a chess support group. Sounds like I am the least experienced of the group though.

My chess hoby is starting to get in the way of my relationship. The better-half was bugging me over the weekend because I spent the better part of Sunday working on my Circles and surfing chess websites. I wonder if it's true what the say about chess ruining relationships?

3 Comments:

At 12/28/2004 4:56 AM, Blogger David Glickman said...

Trackback by Boylston Chess Foundation Weblog

The newest Knight

In his most recent post, Sensei informed us that he woke up with a killer sore throat and a headache. Let's hope he isn't following the same path as the Orange Knight.

 
At 12/28/2004 8:30 PM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

I consider myself lucky. When I told my girlfriend what I was getting into with the training program she gave me a calendar and some gold stars to track my progress. She likes the fact that I'm into the intellectual stuff. Don't worry it wont ruin your relationship as long as you keep things in order (just do the drills and don't compromise quality time for the sake of web surfing). As for the sore throat: alternate tylenol and motrin every four to six hours and get plenty of hydration. A little tea with honey doesn't hurt either. Whatever you do, don't get "the sniffles." Orange Knight (http://orangeknight.blogspot.com) got a ripping case of them in early December and we haven't heard from him since.

 
At 12/28/2004 8:36 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hahahaha! Thanks PMD. I'll go make some tea right now! Thanks for the relationship advice too. My girlfriend is attracted to my intellectual side too but I think part of it is because she doesn't have a passion too. I'm working on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home