The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Micro Drills Day 8

I feel better today. Only a mild sore throat and some coughing. The headache pretty much went away.

Concentric Circles went smoothly today. I don't think I missed any and I don't get stuck at any point. I'm starting to feel comfortable with my board sight. I can even see forks that I wouldn't see before (but I'm not always good enough to stop them though).

I spent another training session with the Grizzly's. Those guys are terrific. One of the senior grizzly's (I assume he is senior because most of the other people were familiar with him), spent a lot of time with me going over my opening and a lot of tactics. I was also able to get in a couple of games today and did ok. I'm not happy with my play yet but it's getting better. I think after going through my first circle I'll have more ideas for different positions. Hopefully anyway. One note. One guy called me a rato charo. Does anyone know what that means in spanish?

Man, I'm getting addicted to chess. Usually I burn out after a couple of months of anything though so we'll see how long I can stick with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home