The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, March 28, 2005

A New Beginning

My title is a little shout out to everyone in Hawaii. It was our current govenor's slogan for election.

I am also starting a new opening system since Saturday. After five months of playing the same opening I recently learned that I am doing the openings backwards. Heheh. Instead of starting with central occupation I was starting with central control which is what most people learn last. SO! I am now starting from the beginning. I'm using Fine's opening book and going from front to back. The first opening isn't the strongest opening for e4 but it is the easiest to learn and uses good opening concepts (except for bringing out the Queen too early). There are five variations that I memorized to give me a good base for most likely responses from people at my level (1300). I like the Fine book and am adding that to my next purchase list from Amazon. Currently I have it on loan from the library.

Like CelticDeath, I ran into rude people this weekend. One guy, attempting to be funny I guess, told me after my game "You have much to learn grasshopper" and disconnected. Yeah, like I never heard that one before. And this guy was only a low 1200 player.

I think I will be removing Jose from my blog too. It seems like he is more of a coach then a student. Which is fine with me, but if he is looking for students rather than wanting to learn then I think we are on different paths.

2 Comments:

At 3/28/2005 1:38 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Yeah, I'm going to remove him too. I send him an email a few days ago, but I got no answer.

 
At 3/29/2005 10:26 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home