The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Losing, losing, losing

On another losing streak. Plus I'm still playing mainly G15. Don't know when I'll go back to G30 30. Sometimes it feels like I'll never get used to this fast time control. Still improving though so that's a comfort at least.

I've finally gotten over my attachment to ratings. Feels good. Enables me to play more confidently. When I started playing I was really afraid of losing. I don't think you ever get completely over that feeling but it becomes less important the more games I play.

Well, better get back to my losing streak!

2 Comments:

At 6/18/2007 3:18 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

I know what you mean about the rating. I think it is important to lose tons of games, so I try to think, when I lose, "Here is one to learn from, and one of the ten thousand losses I need before I reach GM. Only 9900 more losses to go."

 
At 8/14/2007 8:39 AM, Blogger Chess Teacher said...

Let's hope one of you next posts will be winning, winning, winning

 

Post a Comment

<< Home