The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, April 11, 2005

Good weekend

for chess that is. Skipped the tactics and played a lot of games this weekend. I also reviewed my drills since I have been slacking on them in the last month. I try to do them every Sunday but neglected them recently.

Also did some basic opening study and review. Saw some new opening moves over the weekend so I worked on solid replies to give me a fighting chance in the middlegame. In particular I seem to be coming up against a lot of Ruys as black and c5s as white. I think I got them down but only time will tell.

Hit a new high of 1370 on ICC yesterday, which is 20 points higher than the previous week. I hope this is an indication that I am slowly improving. I'd hate to think I was wasting my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home