The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Friday, January 07, 2005

Micro Drills Day 18

Knight Sights again. They go by really fast. I also memorized my second grandmaster game between Domenech and Flohr (1935). This one was over in 31 moves. The next game I memorize will be a Pirc.

I also got an email from a friend I met on the internet a while back (maybe two or three years ago). He has been doing amateur and professional movie work since high school and has worked very hard to get where he is at. He recently got two parts. The first is on an episode of Monk which airs on January 28th. He plays the "Sonny Chow" character. The second part is in a Nike comercial as a runner that falls down. In the comercial the runners are acting as Nascar cars.

I mention him because his story serves as inspiration for me and reinforces the idea that if someone truly wants to do something they can achieve it with hard work and a plan.

1 Comments:

At 4/16/2005 3:15 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Monk is a great show! It is my favorite detective show, because they actually give you enough clues to solve the crime yourself if you are quick enough to notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home