The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Micro Drills Day 20

Nothing to see here folks! Please move along!

Knight Sights, plus spent some time studying basic endings from my Reinfeld book. I also picked up a used copy of Fundamental Chess Endings. Jeez that book is huge. It's like a chess endings bible. Expensive too. Hopefully I'll get my money's worth. From what I've seen so far though it's pretty in-depth and will likely take me two or three years just to go through the material.

I was going to pick up a kids chess book for my girlfriend's cousin today but the bookstore that had a nice copy of it closed down only yesterday. I knew I should have picked it up when I had the chance. Well, at least I was able to get a copy of 1001 Winning Chess Sacrifices and Combinations before they closed.

I couldn't finish a complete game on MSN today. Everyone I played either booted me out when they found out I wasn't a female or left the game prematurely. Kind of ticked me off. I guess when you find serious players there you have to stick with them. BTW, who goes to chess websites to meet women?

2 Comments:

At 1/10/2005 3:02 AM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Try www.pogo.com. I've played there for years. not as good as playchess or iccs, but it's free.

 
At 1/10/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Thanks Don. I'll go check them out today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home