The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, June 27, 2005

160

Finished problem 160 in Polgar's book. I notice the problems become easier once I recognized the patterns of the one move checkmates. I really like the format and this should help me with my attack and defense. I was especially intrigued with the two Knights and Queen and two Bishops and Queen scenarios. Got rid of that book cover because it was getting in the way. I plan on taking it with me wherever I go so it will probably get busted up. In any case, I hope they don't discontinue the book because I plan on re-purchasing it if this one falls apart. Now if they could only publish more hardcover versions of MCO-14......

Lost my U1800 match but won my U1600 match. In my U1600 match my opponent made a mouse slip and asked for a takeback. Good thing I knew the rules because if I had agreed I would have drawn the game instead of won it.

I have decided to try and attend the local club meetings from now on. What brought this about is quite a long story but the gist is, I got a used car from my Grandfather's friend for free and was about to trade it in when I thought about using it to drive to the meetings. I figured, might as well until the car breaks down. So I'll let you know how that goes.

Finally, I still haven't found my mojo yet. I've been on a solid losing streak since the end of April and it doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon. The good thing about it is now that my rating has dropped significantly I can practice spotting and taking advantage of weak moves as well as my mating attack.

5 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 1:18 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

A special car for chess is great!
BTW what is mojo?

 
At 6/28/2005 3:57 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

Do we have a replacement for BlueKid(c)?

 
At 6/28/2005 2:33 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

TS,

Does this help?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0976498006/qid=1120005122/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-6686608-3728800?v=glance&s=books

PS

 
At 7/01/2005 4:10 AM, Blogger BlueEyedRook said...

Chin up! Losing streaks come and go.... unfortunately so do winning streaks! Stay cool and keep with the basics.... this will pass.

 
At 7/04/2005 10:03 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Thanks BlueEyedRook. I like the blog pic.

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home