The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hump day

Did 40 problems from Polgar's book on Monday then another 42 problems last night, which brings me up to 82.

Still losing more than winning. I'm dropping down to G15 to give me more flexibility on playing games. I know it's not ideal and I miss a lot of things because I am rushing but playing is more important for me right now than playing at my best. In the last month I've only clocked about 2 or 3 games a week so that has definitely got to change. My rating is currently fluctuating between 1210 and 1250, which sucks, but I'm hanging in there.

Opening study has paid off tremendously so far. I am much more comfortable with the different opening positions and I am starting to get the feel for seeing when someone leaves book and how that affects the position. It speeds up the time it takes to find tactics in the opening. I am also learning which moves are natural moves and why they are normal compared to other, not so natural ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home