The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Micro Drills Day 22

I wasn't going to do my drills tonight but it just didn't feel right. Another Knight Sight night and spent an hour at the library reading Train and Think Like a Grandmaster by Kotov. Interesting books.

I played another couple of games in Pogo. Crazy crazy stuff man. My endgame needs a LOT of work. In one game I fell to a simple checkmate tactic while up a rook and a bishop because I got lazy with king safety. In another game I had great position but got a draw because I couldn't put together any sort of end game plan. The two games I won, I won by brute force. I'm not happy with my play today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I think I'll read myself to sleep with Reinfeld.

I heard from Convekta today. They did ship my CT Art at the end of December. I just didn't get a confirmation because they were on vacation. I have had things take up to 30 days to get here through USPS so I don't mind waiting. If worse comes to worse I can do problems from my 1001 Brilliant Ways to Checkmate until then.

Finally a big congrats goes out to Man de la Maza, the guy who started this all, who passed day 100!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home