The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, July 11, 2005

Palm program

Does anyone have suggestions for a good program for reviewing master games on my Palm V? I was considering the following programs.

PocketChess Deluxe
Chess Tiger
Hiarcs
Chess Genius

Update
After using the demo version, I've decided on PocketChess Deluxe. The database functionionality is very well done IMHO. They also give you a desktop program to organize your game databases for your Palm. On top of that, if you register for their newsletter they give you a 20% discount on your next purchase so I got the program for $15.99. Not too shabby.

3 Comments:

At 7/11/2005 11:17 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

I can't be much help here, PS. I've never used a Palm Pilot before.

 
At 7/13/2005 7:48 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Good call on the pocket chess deluxe. I have Chess Genius and you cannot really arrange any kind of database of master games with it. Let us know how this works for you.

 
At 7/14/2005 1:15 AM, Blogger JavaManIssa said...

hmm, palms seem cool for these sorts of things. Are you running "micro-windows" or whatever you call it on it? I might look into buying one of these :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home