The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Slow week

Didn't get much studying done this past week and only played a handful of games. I did pick up two books I've been meaning to get for a while now, Zurich 1953 and Tal-Botvinnik. Now the only book on my got-to-have list is MCO 14. My current collection should be sufficient till at least 1800.

Team DeLaMaza has a bye this week but since CD couldn't play in U1800 I'm subbing for him. CD also had a bad experience with his round 3 opponent last week. The guy resorted to accusations to try to get the tournament directors to change their match call against him. He didn't appear to have read the Team 45 45 rules although I must admit, between the shouting and name calling, his rant seemed rather eloquent to me. Kudos to CD for holding his temper.

1 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 4:19 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

No problem. I hadn't anticipated not being available for Round 4, but my wife insisted that I take my daughter to Six Flags St. Louis this weekend. My daughter read a certain number of books while school was in session and earned a free pass, so my wife (and she's right) insisted that I take her. My wife and youngest daughter can't go, but we don't want my oldest holding a grudge against the new baby when it gets here because she wasn't able to use the reward she'd earned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home