The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Friday, January 21, 2005

Chess Thoughts

Gee, third day with no chess and I'm starting to go through withdrawals *twitch twitch*. I hope I can make it to Sunday. Last night I caught myself staring at my chess books on my bookshelf a couple of times. I can't help it, they look so lonely over there. *Snaps out of it*

Sorry, anyway, this has been a good experience for me so far. I got to play some online poker, order some books from Amazon that will be ariving in 4 weeks, and it has given me some time to reflect on some things. Here are a few thoughts:

1. Since I joined the Knights, Don has given me a LOT of good information and ideas. Just the other day because of him I found another chess player in my city who agreed to meet with me at the local Starbucks for some game 30s whenever I have time. Don also introduced me to the wonder that is Wholesale Chess. I already have a list of stuff I want to get from there.

2. I shouldn't be giving any advice to my fellow Knights. I think reading all the time has made me think that I actually know something, when in actuality I only started playing late last year so I should spend more time listening and asking questions than giving my opinions.

3. I notice I have been very critical of J'adoube posts for some reason. I really must apologize for that. I mean, the guy sounds like an excellent chess player so he must be doing something right that I am not. It must be my insecurity that makes me want to give him pointers.

Well, that's it for now. See you next time chess fans. Same chess time, same chess channel!

1 Comments:

At 1/21/2005 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Critical? Not at all. . .besides, I like the attention [grin]. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home