The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Friday, January 14, 2005

Micro Drills Day 25

Tonight I'll be going over to my friend's house to play on his nice marble set but I'll be sure to squeeze in my drills when I get home.

After reading this article I've decided to modify my program a little. I will be adding in a pre-7Circles Circle(haven't decided what to call it yet) where I will read Seirawan's Winning Chess Tactics book to give me a base on tactics before starting the circles. Next for circle one I am going to repeat each level until I score higher than a 90% on that level before moving on to the next. I am also going to limit my time for problems on circle one to one hour a day instead of a set number of problems each day. The remaining time will be spent on the other areas that I am studying (mainly openings, middle game, endings, and grandmaster games). By the time I get to circle two I am hoping that this will give me a better foundation to work with in the remaining 6 circles and speed up the time it takes to do them.

I am thinking that this will add on another two to three months to my program but I feel that in the long run it will work out better for my style of learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home