The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Micro Drills Day 26

Did my Knight Sights on Saturday and I also started my pre-7circles circle (I think I am procrastinating on the name). Got to the first set of problems in Chapter 2.

Saturday was an interesting day for the Knights. Sancho and J'adoube both had problems with the De La Maza program. Sancho with the practicality of the system and J'adoube with the CT Art program itself. In a way I'm glad I decided to modify the program before getting into the 7Circles but now that I am hearing the negatives of the program I am wondering if it will even be worth it to even go through it as designed. I may just decide to stay with the course I have written for myself from the different articles and from the experiences of my fellow Knights that went before me. Who knows, maybe Don will even decide to change the direction of the Knights from the De La Maza program to people who figure tactics heavily into their chess training? Stay tuned chess friends. Same chess time. Same chess channel. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home