The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, January 17, 2005

Micro Drills Day 27

After a one day break got back to the drills again today. Did my Knight Sights and since it was a holiday I reviewed my Concentric Circles as well. Got back up to my old speed again so I guess a one week refresher should help.

Finished chapter 2 of Seirawan's tactics book. It dealt with forks. The problems were fun and I notice my tactics are getting better. I can usually look at the diagrams before reading each section and figure out what he is going to say. Well this is only chapter 2 though. If I have more time today I'm going to spend some with Silman. I'm considering buying Seirawan's book from Amazon but I have another couple of weeks with the it before I have to return it so I'll just postpone spending more money right now.

Got to meet one of my fellow Knights today on Pogo. Generalkaia and I mixed it up over the ol' 64. That kid is good. I say kid because he is almost half my age, and I say good because he gave me a whuppin. I'll try to get 'im next time! We are planning on meeting every Sunday at Pogo from now on. Just for an hour or so, to keep the skills sharpened and help track each other's progress. Should be fun and I look forward to our next meeting.

Played a few more games on Pogo with random people today and one game on MSN. Found another good player on MSN so we added each other to our lists. I'm starting to build a pretty decent size list of people to play.

2 Comments:

At 1/18/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Hi
Give me a break, I didn't beat you that badly. You were up material until the queen trade =). The Man De la Maza's plan sounds good to me (7:00 western time at pogo). I was thinking that maybe we could get there about 30 minutes early, play a 15 minute game, and then join the discussion. What do you think about that?

 
At 1/18/2005 10:47 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey Generalkaia,

Sounds great! Since I won't be playing chess until then our game will be my first one back from my break. See you then.

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home