The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, January 24, 2005

Circle 0 Day 1

Yesterday was my first day back from my chess vacation and boy was it fun. I lost most of my games but it was good to be back! I was really getting tired of draw poker. One thing I learned was that quitting chess is harder than quitting smoking. Also did my drills review and read a couple more pages of Seirawan's tactics book.

We had our meeting last night and it was really fun. Since I am the least experienced in the group I get to learn a lot from the other guys. DG showed up as well. Did you know he is a Class A player? The Knights gave me tips on how to get into tournament play. And everyone recommended I get started as soon as possible. Things to do: Join USCF, get a chess clock, read the USCF rules. I also got to play a game against the Man himself Don. I lost, of course, but at least I got him into the endgame. I suspect he was giving me chance by not going in for a quick checkmate. I learned a lot and I look forward to reviewing the game.

I wanted to start documenting my study schedule ahead of time, probably on Sundays, so I'll post again with my schedule for this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home