The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Saturday, January 22, 2005

One More Day of No Chess

Ok, today is the last day. I get to play tomorrow before the meeting. Am I glad that it's over. I don't want to do that again for a while.

Big congrats are in order for Don the original Knight! He kicked butt at his tourney today and has a shot at being his club's champion. Just awesome. His performance rating was 2310 for the tournament. That is such great confirmation that hard work and focused training can dramatically improve performance. Especially when the Knights seem to be on a down note right now.

Joined FICS last night. I also joined the STC Bunch (Slow Time Control). I wasn't able to play a game yet but am looking forward to see where I fall on their rating scale. I am hoping for at least a 1300 or 1400. I gave a shout out to the Knights on my profile.

Looking forward to seeing all the Knights for the first time tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2005 3:53 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Hey PS

I didn't know that the STC Bunch was on FICS. How did you join? I can't help but want to also join that club.

Thanks,
generalkaia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home