The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Circle 0 Day 2

Started chapter 5 in Seirawan's book. I really like his teaching style. It's easy for me to follow. In fact I liked his tactics book so much I ordered it from Amazon.

I played my first rated game 20 on FICS last night. It was a good game. I was down to 2 minutes left and my opponent ran out of time. He was up material and checking my king with his queen.

Calling all Knights. I opened up a group in ICQ called Knights Errant. Please register with ICQ and go check it out. Please, only Knights may apply, and of course our house reporter is cordially invited too. The link to the group is in my sidebar so please go check it out. I think I have to add you on to the group so do so ASAP.

BTW, I won't be able to make it to our weekly meeting this week. I'm going home to visit for the weekend and won't be back till 10pm PST. Can someone please blog the important points so I can keep up to date. Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2005 5:20 PM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Hey PS, I'm not a member of FICS. Do I have to pay a fee. etc?

 
At 1/28/2005 5:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

PS,
I joined ICQ and sent a join request.

Don,
FICS is free and doesn't cost anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home