The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Does Anyone Read This?

Back from my trip and had two nice surprises waiting for me at home. (Not including my girlfriend of course.) My CT-Art and the nice big box from Wholesale Chess. The set is AWESOME. Nice quadruple weighted pieces (two lovely pounds of chess pieces), bag, and digital clock. I gave my old standard set to my little bro cause he only has a cheap $2 hollow plastic set at his house.

I only got one response from the Knights on our ICQ site. Does that mean no one is reading my posts? Good grief. Am I THAT boring? I hope all of the Knights, including DG, can sign up before next Sunday. I'll put a poll for the next meeting time.

I was real busy on my trip. Got very little sleep and almost didn't get to set up my Dad's computer before leaving. He's connected now and I put my blog in his favorites so hopefully he'll get to follow my progress as well. I did finish chapter five from Seirawan's book. Now I only have eight more to go. I'm starting to struggle with the problems so I might do one more round before starting CT-Art, especially from the feedback of the other Knights. I say this again, I strongly believe that a good tactics base will pay off when I start the circles.

5 Comments:

At 1/31/2005 2:23 AM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Working on it Pawn Sensei. Just registered at www.freechess.org. Will finish registration tonight when I get home (if I don't forget which I am highly likely to do).

 
At 1/31/2005 4:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I was the one Knight who responded to the ICQ offer. Let me know when you I can get in. . .

 
At 1/31/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Hi PS

I can't sign up for the site because my computer is acting wierd lately. I will try to join on a different computer, maybe the library's. I want to join, but I can't (yet!).

generalkaia

 
At 1/31/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hi guys,

Don, sounds good. After everyone registers we can hold the meetings on ICQ.

Jon, I did get your request and added you on Saturday. Let me know if you have a hard time getting in.

Generalkaia, sorry to hear that man. Does that mean you haven't been able to play online chess?

PS

 
At 2/01/2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

No, I have been able to play online chess. Unfortunately, my computer is old, and has a hard time when it comes to "secure connections" (sort of an oxymoron if you think about it). I hope to join soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home