The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Circle 0 Day 3

Finished chapter six of Seirawan's book. Good stuff man! Chapter six was especially enlightening for me. It opened my eyes to some of the possibilities I have been missing and where I get into trouble in my own games. I tend to overwork my pieces by giving them multiple tasks and this chapter showed me why I get punished for doing so. I'm afraid to take the test at the end of the book because it may tell me I have to read it over again. Oh well, que sera sera I guess.

If you have time go read Don and Sancho's blogs. They have taken great pains to detail their recommendations on modifying the 7-Circles program. Since they have gone before us I think it would be well worth your time to see what they have to say if you are considering starting the program too.

Generalkaia also mentioned a reporter from Chessville contacting him to write an article about us. I really hope that they do. If you have been following my blogs, the articles that I talk about are from their website. The two writers that I especially like are Tom Rose and S. Evan Kreider. If you have even more time you should mosey on down to their website and check out their articles. Very easy reading and shouldn't take too much of your time. They have recommendations for books to read as well as software to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home