The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Circle 0 Day 7

It's not looking good folks. I started the first of the three tests in the back of Seirawan's book, which is supposed to be the easiest of the three, and I only got half of them correct. At this rate I won't score enough to warrant starting CT Art yet. I'm expecting that the table in the back of the book will tell me that I need to read the book over again. Oh well. Stay tuned. It looks like it will take me another two or three days to finish all of the tests then I'll post my final score. BTW, it takes me up to 15 minutes to answer a question so my score may be a little higher than it would be if I only took 10 minutes to answer each one.

4 Comments:

At 2/11/2005 7:46 AM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

PS,
I wouldn't let the Seirwan experience prevent you from jumping right into CT Art. The level 10 and 20 problems are amply suited to even the greenest of green chess players. So put down that book and fire up the CD ROM!

 
At 2/11/2005 7:11 PM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

Hello,
I like that book alot. I posted some stuff about it:
hereI think it's great for drilling not missing the basic tactics.

Spill

 
At 2/12/2005 11:22 PM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

Hmm - your "Pale Morning Dun" sidebar link is mistyped.

 
At 2/13/2005 1:38 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey thanks Spill!

Pale, ok, since you went through it already I trust your judgement. If I start getting stuck taking more than 5 mins to figure out the first move in a majority of problems though, I'm coming back to Seirawan's book. Thanks for the advice!

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home