The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sorry Guys

Dude, I got smashed around the boards today. I went 1 and 4. I'm really starting to get POed with myself. I think I'm rushing things too much. My rating on FICS is now 1124 or somewhere around that. If I keep this up I'll drop below 1000. Now that is just sad. I wish I could meet with my coach to go over my weak spots but I haven't seen him on for the last two weeks or so. Oh well. I'll keep trudging along until something clicks I guess. I'll finish up chapter seven by the end of today. Dang I'm so POed! *grunt*

3 Comments:

At 2/02/2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there. This stuff is real streaky. . .it'll start to gel in a few more weeks. . .

 
At 2/03/2005 2:46 AM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Bummer. Internet play is very streaky. Also, don't underestimate that when you are going through intensive learning process that your play will suffer. the only part of my halfway news conference that was true was that I thought my effective rating had decreased. You get enough things bouncing around in there and it's hard to think.

PS Kinda curious what the comment you removed about the saucy librarian was. If it was too racy, you can always email me.

 
At 2/04/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey thanks guys. I felt better yesterday even though I lost my daily game. Didn't do any studying though cause I was still feeling under the weather.

Don, I posted my message twice because I didn't see my previous post show up even three hours later after refreshing. When it showed up twice I deleted the new one. That lady sure is funny. Is she really a librarian? I didn't peruse her site any further than that post.

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home