The Chess Wanderer

"Les pions sont l´âme du jeu" Francois-André Philidor, 1749

Monday, February 14, 2005

Another One

Lost another one to FICS. I thought I had this solid 1800 player but then I missed the disc check to lose my queen and I think it was the turning point in the game. I felt like I was doing really good up till then, and I held on all the way to the end with a rook vs queen ending and him up a pawn or two. I feel that if I concentrate hard on tactics and endgame for the next month or so I can bump my game up a notch. Might as well too since my Seirawan endgame book came in from Amazon. I think I will stop blogging for a while so I'll let you guys know how I did when I get back. Wish me luck! Oh, and let me know on ICQ if you guys hold a meeting, I wouldn't want to miss that. PS out.

3 Comments:

At 2/15/2005 5:02 AM, Blogger CelticDeath said...

Hang in there, Pawn Sensei!

 
At 2/15/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I wish you luck. Whenever you need a stimulus to go through with chess improvement you where you can find us.

 
At 2/17/2005 7:36 PM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Hope all is well PS. See you on the other side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home